$18,000.00 – Sold
This 2002 Mustang GT convertible was a sweet find. Not yet a classic some may say, although well on the way to being a nice clean classic Mustang of the future. Some refer to this body style as the Edge body due to an edgier design than the predeceasing SN95 Mustang, although it is still an SN95.
Back to the story on how this “pony” became my personal choice to live in the stable at Barn Finds. I was searching for a muscle car with a few criteria/must haves.
1. First and for most MINT, the car had to be clean inside and out.
2. As my wife and I started our Family, we knew we needed a car with a back seat.
3. My wife insisted any toy car had to be a convertible.
4. Subtle colour that could still pop when detailed.
5. V8 with a manual transmission.
6. Of course price point. Maximum bang for minimum buck.
The car was found in March of 2008 with 10,000km on the odometer and not a single modification made. The perfect canvass for my vision.
With that vision being a great car to cruise anywhere with the family.
Shortly we got started with a few simple bolt on items, just to personalize the car a set it apart from the others.
The stance is Eibach pro kit springs complemented by 18″ Foose legends wrapped in Falken rubber.
The Cervini two piece speedster cover along with a CDC light bar, gives it a custom look while the Mach1 chin spoiler and grill delete keep the subtle subdued factory looking.
The pro 50 shifter and the 410 gears give it the muscle feel when you crank up the 4.6 liter V8, the Borla cat back roars with the 4″ stainless tips letting you know it is in fact a V8.